Let’s share our abundance with others!
If you are like me, the thoughts of giving tangible holidays gifts to others causes some discomfort. This year our family is trying something new and gifting local charities instead of ourselves. We will use this “Choose-A-Charity” graphic to coordinate our charitable donations. How? Easy! Here are the directions:
- Print and pass this poster around your family & friends
- Each person chooses a charity by penciling in their name below
- Return to the owner
- Instead of a Christmas gift, owner donates in your name
- Completed poster is hung in a special place for the season
You can work on it before the big day, during, or after. It makes for meaningful discussions with your family! Then hang the completed poster with your other holiday greeting cards or post it on the fridge for the rest of the season.You can even make copies of the completed poster and mail it to the family members for them to display. This poster is made to show local charities in Exeter, NH. Scroll way down for a blank customizable poster.
“We have so much and we don’t need more, instead let’s help to even the score.”
Dont forget page 2, so folks can understand the “Mission” of each charity!! (PS. customizable version at very bottom, keep scrolling down)
Would you like to customize the poster?
- Download this blank one below to your computer (by clicking on it and choosing SAVE IMAGE AS),
- then open the picture, “copy” it, then open a WORD doc and past it in,
- then add six text boxes over the gifts (using command”wrap= in front of”) and type in white font 11pt.
Or if that seems too complicated…. just print the picture then use a Sharpie to write on the gifts!
(Then also don’t forget to type your own “legend” for the backside!)